Summer Checklist for Air Conditioning Repair
When it comes to the summer heat, there is one thing that everyone fears: a broken air conditioning unit. You don't want to be sweating profusely in your home. It can be especially difficult to sleep through the night when you can't get cool enough to get comfortable. To keep your unit working properly, you need to complete air conditioner repairs every summer, which will prevent larger issues from arising later on in the summer. Review the following checklist to keep your home cool throughout the summer:
- Clean or replace your filter every 3-4 months. Depending on where you live, you may have to clean or replace your filter more often.
- Clean your condenser unit. Remove any leaves, debris, and dirt that accumulated in your unit throughout the fall and winter. Carefully clean the coils by removing the top panels and protective grilles first.
- Clean the coolant lines and replace any frayed or missing insulation.
- Clean the drain line. Make sure that there is nothing clogging it. You should also make sure that it's properly connected.
- Have the thermostat checked by a professional to make sure that it's working properly and reading the temperature correctly.
- While the professional is at your home, you should have him or her check the refrigerant levels. If you need to add more, the professional can help you by charging it to make sure that the air coming from your vents will be cold.
As you complete this air conditioner repair checklist, you may discover larger issues that need to be checked out by a professional to make sure that everything will continue to work properly. Contact AirMaster Heating and Air Inc. to schedule a time for one of our experienced professionals to come to your home and check things out for you. We can help you work through your checklist to ensure that everything will be working correctly and your home will stay at your desired temperature throughout the summer.