6 Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips

Cold Weather is on its way here in Lawrenceville, Ga and we will be closing up our homes to keep warm and cozy. Stay safe and warm. Carbon Monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning in the United States. Carbon Monoxide is an invisible, odorless and colorless gas.

Sources and dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Home Appliances such as furnaces, stoves, and certain clothes dryers can generate carbon monoxide. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that can mistaken as flu. Other symptoms include fatigue, headache, dizziness, nausea, fainting, visual changes.

Here are six safety tips to protect your home.

1. Have your Heating system, Chimney and flue inspected annually.
2. Do a Combustion Analysis on your furnace annually.
3. Have your furnace and other gas powered appliances inspected for proper ventilation.
4. Do not utilize gas-powered engines in confined spaces such as basements or garages,
    even with the doors open.
5. Never burn gas or charcoal grills indoors.
6. Install a Carrier Carbon Monoxide Detector on each level of your home.
    Contact the office or ask one of our professional technicians when they at your home.

Remember to visit our Facebook Page for ongoing heating and cooling tips and new HVAC product information.

Share This